I love your designs, can I personalise them?
– You can change the wording to add in your names and all the details of your wedding day such as dates, venue information etc.
– You can also choose your colours, this is especially useful if you have a particular wedding theme.
– For our safari ranges you can also choose your animals too.
– Occasionally you may be able to change the font type though this depends on a number of factors
Can you design something bespoke, just for my wedding?
Yes I’d love to! There is a one off additional fee of £125 for this service. This covers your entire stationery range, which you can then order at the normal rates. It really helps (and its very fun!) to start making a little on-line scrapbook of the type of theme, style, colours and fonts you are looking for.
What type of luxury card can I choose?
We offer the choice of:
– Eco-friendly White or Ivory Hammered Card 300gsm
– 100% Recycled Elephant or Rhino Dung Card 300gsm
– 100% Recycled Wildflower seeded card you can re-grow! 240-280gsm
(gsm – is the thickness of the card)
What’s the difference between ‘Eco-friendly‘ and ‘Recycled’ ?
Eco-friendly means that the card is made from sustainable forestry sources whereas recycled means that no additional trees were cut down at all to make this card. Hurrah!
How is it possible to make paper from dung?
Well…normal paper is made from trees and large herbivores like elephants and rhinos eat trees (well parts of them anyway!) Their digestive systems cannot break down all the plant fibres and so..er…they come out in their dung! The dung is collected and all the useful plant substances are extracted. This is then carefully prepared to ensure it is clean and is made into paper using a mixture of this and paper collected from schools and offices that would have gone in the bin! The paper is made in the UK with no bleaches or detergents…..So you see its VERY eco-friendly (and also very fun!).
Is the elephant and rhino dung card clean, does it smell?
Don’t worry this is the first question many people think of but are sometimes afraid to ask!
Yes it is clean for use like all other paper and no it doesn’t smell!
Where does the dung come from?
The elephant dung comes from rescued or retired working elephants being cared for in Sri Lanka and the rhino dung is collected from the African Black rhinos being housed at Paignton Zoo.
What seeds are inside the wild flower card and can how do you re-plant it?
There is a mixture of British wild flower seeds embedded in the card, specifically designed to attract UK wildlife. To create a wild flower mini meadow, plant the whole invite or alternatively plant small sections to spread out the loveliness around your garden! Even if your guests forget to re-plant them and they go to landfill, they will still grow wild flowers there! Yay!
The seeds inside the card are: Birdsfoot Trefoil, Black Snapweed, Black Medick, Common Vetch, Meadow Buttercup, Musk Mallow, Ox-eye Daisy, Ribwort Plantain, Red Campion, Self Heal, White Campion, Yarrow, Browntop Bent, Red Fescue, Crested Dogstail, Meadow Fescue and Smooth Stalk Meadow Grass
Can I order a sample?
Yes! Non-personalised samples of all our collections are available to order from our Etsy shop. We offer two choices:
– Collection Samples – You will receive a non-personalised sample of your chosen collection including an example wedding invitation, additional information card, save the date card and a rsvp card. This will be sent on elephant dung card unless otherwise specified by you.
– Card Type Samples – If you have chosen your favourite stationery design but don’t know what card type to choose then order one of these packs. It will include a non-personalised example wedding invitation of your chosen collection on each of the 5 types of card we use.
What happens when I order?
You will be sent an information form to complete and return. I will then send you a digital PDF proof within a few days. You must then check all the details to ensure you are 100% happy. Once I receive the OK from you printing will begin (yay!) and you will have your wonderful wedding stationery in 2-6 weeks depending on the size and scope of your order.
How long does it all take?
This can depend on several factors including, how many revisions are made, how quickly email communication is and the size of your order etc. Normally your proofs will be with you within 1-2 weeks and printing can take between 2-6 weeks depending on the printing process, size and number of items ordered. Specific time-scales can be agreed at the time of ordering and I will always work hard to work to your individual needs!
Where will my stationery be printed?
From my beautiful home by the sea on the east coast of Scotland! I use professional printing equipment from home, though from time to time it can be necessary to use an out sourced printers. I tend not to do this as the recycled card has it’s own unique and extremely specific personality that I am very familiar with!
Do your prices include VAT?
Yes all our prices are fully inclusive of VAT.
How much does postage cost?
For orders under £500, UK postage costs £10.
For orders over £500, UK postage is free of charge.
Need an international delivery? Please contact me for an individual price.
What happens if I spot a mistake?
I work hard with you to ensure your stationery is perfect. However the final proof is down to you to check. Once I have the OK from you and printing has begun no further changes can be made and no refund can be offered.
How do I pay?
You have two options:
– Order via my lovely Etsy shop
– Order directly through me by contacting me to let me know what you would like. I will then send you an invoice which requests you pay 50% deposit upfront (or 100% for orders under £200). Once you are happy for me to begin printing (eek exciting!), I will request the remaining balance (if applicable). Once full payment has been received, I will print and send your happy little bundles of stationery joy onto you,!
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get in touch!